So this blog is really meant to be about automation and Matched Betting doesn’t really fall into that category, but parts of it can be partially automated using bots if you know what you are doing and are going at it on a full time basis. If you are already making profits from betting there is a big chance you are using some sort of strategy, such as Accumulators, Football Refunds or Horse Racing Refunds. Unfortunately, your strategy may require a lot of your time which could always be better spent on fun activities with friends and family. Automating a strategy with the use of Betting Bots is not that hard and earning money on autopilot is what most of us dream of.
A few years ago Betting Bots were few and far between but now there are a multitude to choose from and it’s difficult to know where to begin. Betfair is the most commonly botted application and there are now a large number of Betfair bots available or you could even code your own if you were so inclined. Betting bots for Matchbook, Betdaq and Smarkets are also available. If you can’t find a betting bot to suit your needs and you don’t know how to code one yourself, you could alternatively hire a coder to do it for you. Places like Upwork feature hundreds of skilled coders ready to work for a reasonable rate.
I’ve been intrigued by botting for many years, automating a repetitive action online seems awesome to me and I’ve always thought there must be a way to make money from them but I haven’t quite found that magic bullet yet. Since discovering Matched Betting and then realising there are a multitude of Betting Bots around, I decided to make it my business to find a betting strategy that I could implement with a bot. Here’s a rundown of my discoveries so far:
In order to efficiently use a betting bot for Matched Betting, or straight out gambling, you will also need a good trading strategy, or else you will just end up losing money.
Betting bots offer betting on all kind of sports so there is something for everyone. Horses, greyhounds, football, tennis, basketball and much more. The Tennis market is so volatile that it is highly recommended that you use software when trading, otherwise you are immediately at a betting disadvantage. The same goes for Horse Racing.
So why would you want to use a Bot to Bet?
There are quite a few reasons actually:
- It takes out some of the emotion, even the most calm and collected individual can make mistakes when they let emotions get in the way. If you think logically and plan your strategy, then place the bet manually, you could get caught up in the last minute panic of the odds changing and against your better judgement you may take a gamble by cashing out or upping your bet. If you use software, this emotional involvement is immediately taken out of the equation and your profits are safer.
- A bot allows trading when you are not around so you can get on with your life.
- A bot can enable the fastest possible bet placement and management, without risking typing errors, interruptions or slow fingers.
- Using a BOT means bets are placed in real time and as long as there are sufficient funds in the account on a race by race basis a much smaller bank can be used.
- Sometimes you can place a bet before a race and then it is automatically removed if not matched when the race begins. With a bot you can keep the bets placed before the race to ensure better odds.
What do Betting Bots cost?
Prices vary considerably from £5 per month to over £100 per month. The most popular for beginners appear to be Geeks Toy, which offers various pricing options (£60 per year) and Bet Angel also offer various pricing options (£149.99 per year).
The Betfair App Directory features a large number of Betfair betting apps that will enhance your Exchange betting experience. This includes a section of Automated Apps or ‘bots’ which allow you to automate your betting strategy. Features include ‘triggers’ also known as conditional betting, spreadsheet integration, automated cash out, timed betting and more. Set up your bets or system in the morning and then let the software go to work.
Betting Exchange Bots
The following are Betfair Apps that are popular among the long-term Sport Traders and Matched Betting enthusiasts.
Each of these offer a training mode so that you can try it out without spending money.
- Geeks Toy
- Bet Angel (Bet Angel has some very good and well polished all round features for experienced traders. Developed by a trader who has made a living from bet trading on Betfair it has been tailor made for traders in mind.)
- BetTrader (This is very good for fast one tick betting on horse racing and other markets on Betfair. It has automated betting features like fill or kill trades and stop loss.)
The following all offer a FREE TRIAL:
- Market Locator
- MarketFeeder Pro
- Bet Angel Professional
- Betpractice Score Grid for football
- Traderline for iOS
- Bet Angel Trader
- Bfexplorer PRO
- Advanced Cymatic Trader
- Greyhound Racing Robot
- Horse Racing Bot
- Bf Bot Manager
- Bet Commando
- Traderline for Android
- Bet Selector
- Geeks Toy
General Betting Bots
Accumulator Generator, from Mike Cruickshank (one of the first people to market a Matched Betting service), is a system with supporting software designed to maximise the profit potential from multiple bets (accumulators/accas) placed at bookmakers. The software claims to identify profitable scenarios and calculate the stakes needed to allow profits to be generated from accumulators risk free. The system costs £199 +VAT. The automated software for use with the system is £1 for a 14 day trial, then £99.97 +VAT for 12 months. Like any new system there are videos to watch and training notes to read, but once you get the gist of it all it is pretty straightforward to use and should only take 10-15 minutes a day to set up your accumulators.
Each-Way Sniper is another Mike Cruickshank software designed to take advantage of the inherent value you get from the place part of certain each-way bets with the bookies. It automatically identifies potential each-way “snipes” where you can guarantee yourself a profit whatever happens. It costs £47 + VAT.
Win Forecaster is a betting app created by Patrick O’Shea – It is affordable at only £19.95 + VAT but it is simply an email based horse racing tipster service and doesn’t give you any botting advantage.
Both Teams to Score and Over 2.5 Goals Scanner from Horse Racing Rates uses data/calculations to select matches where the title conditions are likely to be met. UK and main European Leagues are covered. It costs £5 for 2 week initial test then £9.99 per month. The Worldwide Football Over and Under 2.5 Goal Score uses the stats from the last 4 games played to predict the Over and Under 2.5 Goal Score percentage.
- In order for Under 2.5 Goals to win, less than 3 goals have to be scored. This can be 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 2-0, 0-2 or 1-1.
- In order for Over 2.5 Goals to win, 3 goals or more have to be scored in the match. This can be any number of goals, 2-1, 3-0, 6-0, anything, as long as 3 goals or more are scored. So, for example, 2-1 is Over 2.5 Goals.
Making a profit from betting isn’t easy and using bots won’t turn you into a profitable bettor unless you are following a clear strategy and have set it up correctly. Using a bot does help give direction for anyone who wants to put in the time and effort to becoming profitable.