Advanced Renamer is a batch renamer program that can rename multiple files and folders at once. It is developed for Microsoft Windows and released as freeware. Batch renaming is a form of batch processing used to rename multiple computer files and folders in an automated fashion. In order to save time and reduce the amount of work involved some sort of software is required to do this. Such software can be more or less advanced, but most have the same basic functions. Batch renaming software exists for most operating systems.
Batch renaming can also be referred to as ‘mass file renaming’, rename ‘en masse’ and ‘bulk renaming’.
The author of Advanced Renamer is Kim Jenson and the company name is Hulubulu Software. More information and download instructions can be found here: https://www.advancedrenamer.com/about
From Hulubulu Software: For more than 10 years Advanced Renamer has been a powerful batch rename utility. It enabled you to perform renaming of multiple files by configuring a set of rules. Tags are used to import music, image, or other information from the files and use them in the new file names. This program makes it easy to set up an advanced batch job using multiple methods on a large group of files. The eight different methods makes it easy for you to change the names, attributes and timestamps of files all in one go.
Hulubulu’s Advanced Renamer is a free batch file renaming tool that offers advanced features like thumbnails, image previews, batch undos, support for hi-fi audio codecs like FLAC and AAC, and multiple renaming methods, including the ability to customize and update the tool with new or different method lists.
Advanced Renamer’s up-to-date interface features tabs, resizable panels, and an easily customized, spreadsheet like main list view displaying selected files and actions. This program offers choices within choices, with plenty of default options yet many customizable features, too. Selecting the Thumbnails button toggles the display into thumbnail mode, which we feel is essential for handling image files. The File Info pane has an image preview window, too, for a more detailed preview. There are separate tabs for renaming files and folders, but the functionality they offer is essentially the same. Advanced Renamer makes it easy to select either single images or files or whole directories. We added a recent snapshot to the main view, clicked Add Method in the control sidebar, and selected New Name from a list of nine methods and incrementing numbers from a list of 10 default tags, not counting a handy pattern wizard. When everything was set, we clicked Start Batch. A warning dialog asked us one more time if we were sure we wanted to rename the file. We were, and a dialog informed us that the job was done with zero errors, though any errors would have been listed. The program even offered the opportunity to add more files. We renamed some folders next, using two methods this time, but just as quickly. The Undo button restores previous names, and the Test Batch and Auto Test features are welcome extras.
Advanced Renamer is a very comprehensive alternative to buying commercial software.
With Advanced Renamer you can construct new file names by adding, removing, replacing, swapping, changing case, or giving the file a brand new name based on known information from the file. This program is a good tool for reorganising digital photos for both experienced users and beginners. You can use thumbnail mode to display thumbnails directly in the file list for more control of the renaming process. With this application you can rename all your photos and image files in a snap. If your MP3 files have messed up names you can use Advanced Renamer to make the names more readable by using ID3 tags in the file names.
Advanced Renamer is a program for renaming multiple files and folders at once. By configuring renaming methods the names can be manipulated in various ways.
It is easy to set up a batch job using multiple methods on a large amount of files. The 14 different methods enables you to change the names, attributes, and timestamps of files in one go. The files can also be copied or moved to new locations based on information in the files.
With Advanced Renamer you can construct new file names by adding, removing, replacing, changing case, or giving the file a brand new name based on known information about the file.
Before performing the operations on the files you can verify that the output will be correct and if you perform the rename and regret it, you can undo the complete batch.
This mass file renamer is a great utility for organising digital pictures for both professionals and beginners. The thumbnail mode lets you display thumbnails directly in the file list giving you maximum control of the renaming process. With this program you can rename all your photos in a snap.
If your image files contain GPS data you can add the name of the city and the country where the picture was taken. Coordinates are used to lookup city, country, and state names from a database containing more than 100,000 cities around the globe.
MP3 and other music files often have messed up names and contain weird characters. With Advanced Renamer you can change the names of your favourite music files to more suitable names using the built-in ID3 functions.
Ever wanted to add the codec or the resolution of a video to the filename? With the video tags you can add various information about video and audio content to the names.
More examples of use
- Change the case of a filename to uppercase or lowercase, or change the case of the first letter in every word.
- Replace a part of a filename based on a search pattern.
- Change readonly attribute of files.
- Add incrementing numbers with leading zeros to filenames.
- Change file extensions.Cleanup file names and remove spaces and underscores.
- Add a prefix or suffix to filenames.
- Copy or move files to other folders. New folder names can be constructed from file tags and patterns.
- Revert names to original names if renaming batch goes wrong.
- organise music files based on ID3 tags.
- Use EXIF information to sort image files and organise them in folders.
- Save batch presets for later use or them with friends and colleagues.
- Use Perl Regular Expressions and wildcards to replace parts of file and folder names.
- Add date taken to the file name of jpg/jpeg files taken with digital cameras.
- Change existing numbers in filenames.
- Trim unwanted characters from beginning and end of filename.
- Add GPS coordinates or reverse geocode coordinates to add city name to file name.
- Categorize video files by use of video tags.
- Perform automatic batches through the console batch runner.
- Randomize filenames for use in digital picture frames.
- Extract metadata from image files in raw camera formats like Canon RAW, Nikon RAW, Sony RAW, FujiFilm RAW, or Pentax RAW.
- Rename TV shows based on season and episode details.
- Quick cleaning of files downloaded from the internet.
- Flexible and efficient batch automation.
- organise images and videos downloaded from iPhone or Android.